Thursday 10 June 2010

Tiwest Gassings carry on unabated


At about 11:30 yesterday morning another 3 contractors were gassed with Chlorine at Tiwest Kwinana.

It seems the gassings have continued unabated since I blogged about the issue last about 2 months ago. I am told that around 13 people have been gassed in that time.

Tiwest has been telling its staff that basically the contractors are making up the gassings to drag the job out a bit. I have spoken to some of those gassed and having been gassed myself a number of times I know they are real. Lets face it no-one would risk their life jumping metres from a cherry picker to try and escape the gas to try and drag a job out for a few more days.

Where are Worksafe? What are they actually doing to protect workers? Are worksafe being told to go softly on Tiwest?

No comments: